Wednesday, 20 June 2007

Who are you?

Blurb. I had my final first year board meeting today and passed. I'm now officially a second year PhD student. I guess this must be on my business card very soon... blurb. The meeting was alright. My work was basically ripped into pieces by my chair and the supervisor. But it's not so bad. I still can use my theoretical part later on when I have done my research. It's just all too confusing. Blurb. Anyhow, the first year is done. I can't believe it. The year flew just by. In two years (theoretically) I will finish. Blurb.

The something else. For years there was a song in my mind. It went like "New Orleans, uh uh, I really wanna know, New Orleans, uh uh uh uh". A few weeks ago I saw The Who performing this song on TV. So I started a comprehensive search on the internet. But I couldn't find anything. No even lyrics or so. I asked a couple of people if they would know the title of the song. But no one did. Today I couldn't stand it any longer and sang it to a friend. And he just said it's Who are you, and not New Orleans or the like. Hm. I just heard what I wanted. Ha. Uh uh uh uh. New Orleans, who are you? I really wanna know. I like these lyrics at the end: I spit out like a sewer hole, Yet still recieve your kiss, How can I measure up to anyone now. After such a love as this?
Here you are.



Otherwise than this, I'm going to be hyperactive now. ADS. Blurb. I'm strolling around in my flat and dance and jump and sing and hum and makes noises and clap hands and eat corner joughurts and jump and sing and dance. Dummdidumm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Felix, it must be nice to be one year down on the never ending path towards doctorhood.

It probably deserves jumping around your room to

Matt

David said...

Ha! Keith Moon is mental, absolutley mental. Theres a bit towards the end where theyre all round the mic and you can see him struggling to keep still. I dont usually like these 'ooo were in the studio making music' type videos but i think Keith manages to balance it out with his gurning and servitus dance. You can see in one part that Pete just wants to kill him.

Congtratulations Felix! one down, just a few more to go! Chin up old boy.

Anonymous said...

der Kenner empfiehlt hier das Buch "Der weiße Neger Wumbaba" für alle die, die das hören, was sie hören wollen