After just few month, my internet provider finally managed to reconnect me to its service. Nice one. The days of hanging around in my nice, cosy university dungeon have come to an end. I have only to inform the guys from the security office that I'm not in any more at 8 or so, so that they won't worry about me.
Another thing: I wanted to set up a monthly mobile contract. BUT. I'm not British, have no credit register and hence I cant get any contract. I simply don't exist in this country. Maybe I should make some debts then I might get into the credit thing and I can be checked. I keep the rest of the comment for me as I'm tempted to say that it's discrimination.
Yet another thing: if there is a site where I have to enter my address I usually just have to put in the house number and the post code and the system will find the rest of my address. Theoretically. Practically, my address doesn't exist yet. It's a new development and the address isn't saved anywhere. So whenever I enter in my house number and the post code I get an error message, telling me to enter the correct house number and correct post code. I'm caught in a vicious circle of house numbers and post codes. There is often no possibility to enter my address manually (why not? Maybe I could cheat and just a enter a wrong address....hui.) At the end of the day, the easy and simple option of doing everything online is replaced by "hold the line" messages, classical music, and things like "your call maybe recorded for training purposes". And lots of wasted time.
Alright, no mourning any longer. There are definitely more serious problems in this world than mine.
Tuesday, 19 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
......ich rĂ¼ste auf und dann........
Post a Comment