When I browse through my blog there seems to be quite a lot of music in it. So why not another post on music..? Sorry for boring you. I know I talk too much. But apparently I have two main things in my blog: it’s personal on one side and about music on the other. But this will come later, when I have my 100th post or so. At the moment you have to live with it. Or read the next post.
When I was a bit younger we used to drive around. Well, one of us did. And it’s not very ecological. Nothing really to be proud of. Hm, ok. So we listened to music. Often something with electric guitars. Farmer boys, Metallica and that kind of things. I remember quite strongly Paradise Lost. But only one lp. One Second. Relatively quiet. And melancholic. And sad. Well, it’s paradise lost. This is one song from the album.
So, we drove around and heard such songs. I don’t know really. In retrospective it seems more than ridiculous. Hey, look at us, we have a car, we hear manly music, we drive a bit too fast, and are bad. Well not at all. Nothing of that. We could have spent our time probably more useful. Definitely. I really have to laugh now when thinking of it. I guess we thought the world belongs to us for some moments. Maybe it did, but it’s rather unlikely…
While being bored last week I browsed youtube. There is probably nothing which isn’t there. I was quite surprise dwhen I found a video from a band of a friend of mine (it’s the same one we drove around with). It’s called Ladehemmung, or just LHG. Have a look at it. It’s German punk music so don’t be too bored.
I used to go a couple of times a year to their concerts when I was living in germany. It was always fun. More or less. These gigs were in youth clubs, in little village no one ever heard of, or just wherever. And there were always some tensions and guys who overdone it. I remember one gig where someone came into the room where the concert was and just said, there are Nazis at McDonalds. Within a minute about 5 cars full of punks drove to mcdonalds, while others run to it. When we got there there was one nazi. And nobody was brave enough. The whole thing was just ridiculous as well. Most people just got a burger and went back to the concert. There was much fuss about nothing really.
Tuesday, 5 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment