Tuesday, 5 June 2007

Office Closed (probably)

Yesterday was one of those days were it would have been better not to wake up at all. It all began in the morning with a swollen nose, swollen eyes, swollen throat, and some very weird feeling in my stomach. You, who are allergic, know the first three things. It’s happy hay fever time. Yeah. The last thing was something that requires lots of rest sessions in certain rooms. So, my morning consisted of a very unusual heavy allergic reaction while trying to calm my stomach down. None of both was really successful. I rinsed my nose with water but still. Even intense washing wasn’t of help. I got to uni quite late because of that. I managed to do some work but my head felt like bursting so it was rather simple work. I was a bit nasty here and there as well. And as soon as I got out my nose began to run. It was getting better half way through the day. It only started again in the afternoon. Again, everything begun to run (I mean it). My eyes became swollen as well. I left uni around 5ish and wanted to walk. Unfortunately I missed the people I wanted to walk with (and I was rather undecided, I must admit). But maybe it was better because so I hadn’t to breath in more pollen (I had to look up this word, I hope it’s the right one). Nonetheless, back home, nice allergic reaction. Above all, I wanted to go to bed and get some sleep. If my heart wouldn’t have beaten like a sprinter runs. The whole situation was kind of ‘i’ve two options: either I faint now or in a second’. My circulation was riding the rollercoaster. Yeah. Wanna ride again. It was probably the whole day which put my body under pressure. And there is still the work pressure as well. I felt like this already during the day and at some points I had to sit down for some minutes. So I was walking in my flat like a tiger in the cage and tried to calm down while (again while, apparently multitasking yesterday) sneezing constantly and seeing it all going off through aching eyes. Now and then I had to sit down and put my legs up. Around 8 I thought, instead of buying yet another drug and have some sleeping pills and intoxicate my body, I will go for a bicycle ride. I know it’s a bad idea with hay fever. It was. But still. I have to make trade offs there. Either being tired and able to sleep and have a swollen nose, or having a not so swollen nose and eyes but therefore being fully awake. The ride was really nice. I cycled to castle park, to lexden, to stanway, to layer la haye (or however this is spelled), towards mersea, then towards fringinhoe, rowhedge and back home. I got in at half 9 or so. And the first thing I did, was, have a guess. Yes. Sneezing. Just for some minutes. I was tired at that point so I had a very long bath to calm the rest of my circulation down. And of course, above all, wash my hair until no single pollen is hidden somewhere anymore.
When I got out of the bath I went to bed. And there it was again. I was awake. No thought of sleep. And a bit of tickling in my nose. So, here I am now. It’s bloody late in the night. And I start sneezing again. I have bloody headache. Sorry for this health update. But quite obviously I get some posts done. My head and mind can’t go for study at the moment.

For the above reasons I decided to be only sporadically in uni today (I still have no internet). Maybe I will go today to see Das Leben der Anderen or The Life of Others as it is called here. One of the best German films certainly. And a good occasion to show something else. It just hard to find a time and reasonable place near by to go to. But it all depends how my day will sneeze. Or I just go to the coast. Some fresh sea breeze should help for all things. Even for being less aggressive and having clearer thoughts.
When this is posted I will already have had some nice sneezing. Maybe I will take an allergy pill today if I’m brave enough and want drowsiness and the like (and as long as there are other things I don’t want to take the risk). To bring it really to one sentence: I’m pretty ill and can’t get any useful substantial work done. Sorry Schorschi. And sorry for the heavy mourning. But as long as I can joke about such a day everything is fine I guess. How does the saying go? People who talk about death don’t die; or so. Will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg