Today, I finally completed assignment two of "Becoming British in 12 easy steps" (assignment one was to learn to get drunk by 11pm sharp). The other day I saw Haggis on sale at Tesco. I must say at this point that I know all Reduced Sale points in Tesco, Asda, Coop and various other supermarkets. I like spending less money on something what i would buy any way if the only condition is that its use-by-date is reached. E.g. i got six one litre milk packs at coop for 1.50 pound the other day. its not so bad for england. I think that we throw so many things away in our over-supply society that something has to be done. Something doesnt just turn bad because the can where it is in has fallen down. Even diary products will stay eatable for some time after their expiry date (ok, i admit, there is enough chemicals in it that it will stay good which is rather questionable in itself). anyhow. here you can read what haggis is.
British Haggis or
Deutsches Haggis Others would consider Haggis as coming directly from hell. Well. No. Tho there is a lot of giblets from sheeps in it. To cut my usual long story short, here is how it looked like (after hours of heating in the oven):
hm, lecker leckerSo. Yeah. I cant wait to eat more. It was very delicious. I dont know what it tastes like. Its a mixture of black pudding (Blutwurst) and wurst soup. And it is relatively spicy. Not hot. It had some kind of pepperish taste. However, it was a very good experience and I am excited to eat it again (maybe not from Tesco this time, rather homemade in the scottish highs').
p.s. Oh, yes, The Haggis is the brownish thing on the plate, not those long, thin, yellowish things.
1 comment:
...bißchen wie tote Oma ?...
Post a Comment