Saturday, 26 May 2007

Aftermath

Ha, so it was my birthday yesterday. I had some dinner with friends the night before and some drinks as well. I did some schnitzel with lots of veggies and potatos. It was really nice until I got terribly drunk (I was the only one of us, which is quite embarrassing). I got finally up at 2 in the afternoon with a headache from Colchester to my German hometown, a hangover I hadnt have for ages, and constant being sick (awful thing to write here) until early eve.

Anyhow, today i had one of those weird situations. I had a bath and tried to dissolve myself into the water (my usual bathing time is around an hour, after that my skin is just watered...). well, after half an hour the door bell rang and i got out of the water as fast as i could (it takes a bit longer in my age...). so when i answered the bell the postman was on the other side. he just wanted to say that i got a newspaper which doesnt really fit into the mailbox and that it will stick out a bit. nothing else. cheers mate. for this i got out of the warm, comfortable water and froze my b**. but i have to say it is very polite to let me know. if its raining i could pick up the newspaper so it doesnt get wet. so, after all, im grateful. but anyhow. 15 minutes later my mobile rang but this time i decided to stay in the bath tube. i didnt want to freeze my b** again. but these are situations which almost always go wrong. as soon as i get out of the water and dried myself a bit the call is gone. like, you hear the ring and you jump out and as soon as you get to the phone or the door it's gone. and you stand there, freezing, upset that you got out of the bath tube although you know that you wouldnt make it in time anyway. why are humans acting so irrational sometimes? everyone who wants something or has something important will ring again. but still. hm, these are my mindful thoughts of the day. you see the saying that you get wiser the older you are isnt always right. i should stop here really, this is getting disastrous now. sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh oh oh !!!