Ok, well, I’ve to say I’m sorry beforehand. This isn’t quite fair to use jfk’s words in such a way. It just came to my mind to play around a bit. He’s probably a great figure in the political realm, with its pros and cons. Anyhow. While I’m waiting for my flight to germany I have been reading the guardian and the introduction of fascism or rather totalitarian regime to the us (its not holiday, just work. I heard and feel that I get only vacation if I do my research. My phd will tell me where I will have vacation. I hope I can change this and have vacation without research instead of research without vacation. Anyhow, I should come to my point.)
Another notice beforehand. It feels strange to punch on the same spot as everybody does when it comes to the us. It seems to be quite fashionable to mourn about the us and its hypocrite behaviour. Claiming freedom, and bringing war and domination. I think its just like every country, it has its own unique good and bad sites. Germany condemned the iraq war and engaged in espionage activities for the us (and probably gave a hand to the cia which wanted to have a nice quiet ‘chat’ with ‘good ol’ friends’.) in that sense the us isn’t different. Its all just a bit bigger, as usual.
’10 steps to a fascist america’
The article I read discussed how America can become a fascist state in 10 steps. First thing to do, creating enemies outside and inside the us. This shouldn’t be hard. I guess some would like to see the area between mexico and Canada as blank space. And there are enough people living in the us who do everything to make some spots in the us blank. Una bomber, Oklahoma city. All because of how America behaves. Second thing to do, having a gulag. Every proper totalitarian country needs a prison besides prisons. One is already known (and others are probably around the world). Third, having a ruling caste, meaning blackshirts terrorising citizens. A second executive. Fourth thing, surveillance. Yeah everybody has it, visible or invisible. I don’t know how many agencies are working in the us to ensure ‘freedom of information’. I guess even the irs has its long coats. Fifth, giving civil rights groups and critics choices. Of course, they can say what they want. There is just that one unpleasant issue… somehow, there has been a bank fraud. Taxes haven’t been paid for years. Buildings are unsafe. Resident permits are expired. We, the nation will take care of you, and you shut up. We can do this for you, no worries anymore. Sixth, have a list of all ‘criminals’ just in case. And make sure they remain on that list forever. No updates, just filling up. Seventh, pick out a few people and destroy them in public. Others will see it and consider their options. In other words, greatest output with the least input. Power is best be used if it isn’t used. Scare everyone off and oppression runs itself. Eight (why not earlier?) united we think. Good censorship will ensure this. Do china and us have the same think tank…? 9th, just say, its treason and everything will be fine. You don’t have to worry about legal definitions. We’ll do it for you. 10th and last thing to do, having a law with which you get rid of all others. Its more efficient. Less bureaucratic. And spares a lot of lawyers (sorry there. Nothing against lawyers).
So, what you think? Should there be a video titled ’10 easy steps to become a fascist state. Suitable for all countries with such intentions’? Your nation does a lot for you and your safety, at least, it believes so. Nothing negative with that. It is just the way it is done. And on what it is based. The fear assumes a kind of risk which isn’t there. The threat to the us isn’t that big as it is boiled. The way 9/11/ happened is terrifying and horrible. It just can be condemned. Still, the last attack on the us from outside, which I can remember, was on the world trade center with a truck in the early 90s. Nothing happened in the meantime from the outside. There is always a danger and a risk that someone decides to get mad. But I don’t know. It is just a thought. nah. I feel a bit unwell with that fascist. There is an underlying notion in that article. Americans are seen as a race which is better than others. It isn’t said but its there. I think fascism is abused in the article. It should really be used for states with a strong open racist policy. Not for something which might have certain elements of fascism, but also from totalitarian regimes. The title should be ’10 steps to an un-free america’. What is described, are signs of less freedom and liberty though it is questionable if the us ever fully was a land of freedom and liberty. Slavery, internment of Japanese-americans. Ghettos. Your nation in that sense can take your freedom away. This is what it can do. All in the cloude of democracy. You elected a president, did this to your nation, and your nation gives you something back. Democracy is the rule of the people. And as the saying goes, the masses are not always clever. But not all hope is lost. There is no article 48 which would allow the complete seize of the elected body and one-man ruling (still unnecessary male domination; we’ll see about hillary). There is the 22nd amendment that restricts presidencies to 2 terms. And there are elections coming. Every 5 years. Things will change. In some way or the other. And unexpected. Before America becomes a fascist state I will hopefully set my food on mars. In the meantime ask what you can do for your nation and what your nation can do for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment