Tuesday, 4 August 2009

New Age?

Sometimes, strange things happen. Things that make you thinking about your own state of mind and extra-psychical forces. I can readily think of two types: incidences where you get the feeling “hm, either this is going to be a very bad day if I don’t look out, or something is happening”. And déjà vu feelings.
The déjà vu is interesting because it’s not only that I have sometimes the feeling, I have seen this already somewhere or I have been here before, but that I know I will see this again or experience a particular situation in the future while I’ve a dream. Usually I wake up after such a dream and try to remember what I’ve “seen” so that I can look out for it in the future. But then, it slips my mind and I forget about it. Until the situation comes. It’s a strange feeling because it kind of unfolds slowly and I slowly become aware of the déjà vu, together with the feelings of being there before or having seen it before. The most recent one I can remember is that I was in a restaurant with friends and I had dreamt before that I would sit on a large round table, looking outside onto the car park and that the restaurant would be light inside and spacious. And yes it was like this when it actually happened. Only that I didn’t know from the dream if there would be someone else with me. Makes me wonder if there is someone putting these things into my dreams.
The other one is a bit stronger because I’m actually awake (at least physically). The other day my computer fell down the stairs. Apart from that I could watch it falling down in slow motion (in real time it only lasted a second or two) I had the strong feeling, shit, I have to be careful today; in the meantime I had to pack my stuff back into the box. And my heart made a negative leap. I really had to be careful because I had to travel a few hundred miles that day. I drove more careful than normal and nothing happened, except the usual overexcited hockey mums in their oversized vans erratically changing lanes and the little car-scrap scheme cars, who are new but undersized for any kind of speed over 120km/h and thus are like firearm bullets rather than actual cars (yes, I do have something against those schemes. They destroy what they are meant to support, their effects are predictably unpredictable. In a year, whole sectors have to be bailed out (or not). Garages, car rental agencies, and last but not least the car industry itself; anyhow). Back to my feeling, there are other situations where I have the feeling something is happening or will happen even if I can’t put my finger on it. Usually it’s in the car; but sometimes also in different situations. However, a bit more care in driving normally does the trick or simply walking.

Hm, even though this was on my mind for quite a while because it’s reoccurring only yesterday I was actually thinking that maybe I should become self-employed as a professional fortuneteller. It’s certainly better than driving taxi, waiting for supervisors, or sitting in a stuffy office. I could call myself the “magical”. What do you think? I also have already an idea for my logo and the sign over the entrance… But this is a surprise… Now I better get some sleep and work on my magical powers… or move some glasses in order to speak to my medium… or seek a muse…



esoteric rulez...

No comments: