...is the basis for properly speaking Greek. And I can speak it fluently :p OK, the only other words I can are yamas, kali nixta, kali mera, and oxi. Anyway. I spent splendid days (first time ever) in Greece with a friend of mine. She invited me and we stayed in Athens and Ios. It was really beautiful and relaxing; only drinking coffees all the time and eat Souflaki with Tzatziki (loads of Tzatziki! I'm still smelly...). A friend of hers drove us around Athens and we heard this song, which caught me instantaneously
I think I will always link the trip with this song and vice versa. I know why; but it's also because it fitted his driving style and the mood of Greece. He speeded around the city, we had the windows open, and the warm wind blew into the car... What a memory... and he could drive so that all could relax and lean back and inhale the city...
And then, something very strange happened. I was at Athens airport to get my flight back and I walked past a music shop. A few steps later I stopped and thought, wait, something is wrong here. I went back and heard very familiar tunes that seemed to be misplaced. That was the song
The song is from the East German band City and is one of those very knows there. It fills dance floors in the second the first tunes come. Almost like hymn. I wondered why it is played in a small record store in Athens in its original version (German)... It was amazing. And I smiled inside. I checked now and saw that the song received gold in Greece in the early 80s... But still... Amazing how small the world can be sometimes... Ne!!
Monday, 31 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
schön war die jugendzeit........
Post a Comment