Freedom. Hm, Freedom? Part of my urge for freedom is to ride into the sunset like they do in the old Western Movies. The only difference is that I’m using a car for that. Driving down the road, only me, the song, the car, and the sunset.
I think the best place to do it is the US because you can drive on for hours and nothing changes – or everything changes every couple of miles. That is just great. So, part of the freedom is basically to be surprised and overwhelmed by the grandiosity of nature. Making me and everything else small, meaningless, “a lump of biological waste” accidentally put on earth. I even don’t mean it in a negative way. But the thing with riding into the sunset is that you are free and put yourself back into the wilderness. Into an almost natural state of being. I mean look at this one and then tell me humans are bigger than nature. And sometimes the clouds are so low as if they want to tell “duck down” and I think, I almost can touch the sky. See here

The great thing is that there is nothing certain when you are on the road. The only thing for sure is that you drive forward and don’t reverse. That’s all. You can stop for a swim, for a church, to hug a tree, to relieve yourself and watch over the large lake in front of you and being watched by some animals who also relieve themselves, see bisons, sheeps, cows, etc. crossing the road and starring at you, sleeping under the open sky.
And then there is music. “Cowboys” had their guitars and harps (supposingly), I have got the Cds. There’s loads of road music, here are only a few:
(on the Harry Nilson one: When I bought the CD the cashier asked me if I always buy my own Cds… because I looked like him on the cover…; and if you have time listen to Coconut from him, I think it’s one of the most hilarious songs there is because it’s basically just a song about a coconut. Anyhow)
Both songs are dealing with freedom and that you can run away but never hide from things, no matter how hard you try. This is what happens when I’m on the road. I drive and drive for thousands of miles, nothing changes in my mind. Until one moment which is like those dreams one has. You run and run, and suddenly you run over a cliff and then fly like a bird, looking down on earth, on the green grass, on the hills. The feeling is, my feet loose ground, my mind detaches, and I fly. All while driving.
And at last, I feel free. At peace. I reached a higher spiritual stage.
p.s. my driving-to-freedom strategy: don’t know and don’t care where I want to go. I just drive and if I like a road and want to take the turn I do it. I will find the sunset and the sunset will find me.
No comments:
Post a Comment