...and close a chapter. I read a book last week by Coelho and there were quite a few lines dealing with freedom in it. One was: when you choose something and fail the scar from it hurts but if you are free to choose that something and fail the scar has a sweet taste and hurts less. Meaning, despite the tears and injury you enjoyed your freedom; obviously it's only in reference to oneself and doesnt mean to hurt someone else. anyho. It was something along those lines. And, as said in the foregoing post, I now had to de-register from my German university because they deemed me a career student and I would have had to start paying a few hundred euro tuition fees from next academic year onwards (mind you, there are usually hardly tuition fees at all). And it makes me a bit sentimental. I spent 3 1/2 years there, studying very interesting subjects, met people, went partying, had student jobs, and started to become a grown up (not very successful tho...). There are certainly some memories there; the only thing I didn't get was a degree because I still had half a year left and the examinations to do. But then I chose to go to England and stayed there (and spent more time doing the degree actually here than back there). I remained registered with the German university and even went back for a term because of the little thing examination left and just in case, somebody found out I had no first degree and throw me out here... Hm. neither happened so far, and won't hopefully in the future.
To cut a very long story short, when I started I always looked at those career student with a certain degree of distrust and now I'm one myself officially. It makes me sad to know that I have defo to leave the uni and will never be able to go back so easily. But then, I chose to go away and I'm happy here. And the scar of having to turn the page and close a chapter tastes sweet. MLU rulez...
(just bubbling away today as there wasnt a post for a few days and get some pressure of the (writing) system)
Friday, 12 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is such a nostalgic, heart-felt post... i like it. i really do!
ich auch !
Post a Comment