Sunday, 31 May 2009

The last day of May

...well, and i was just thinking it's the last day of the month and I just came back from some friends. Maybe a post, just for the sake of it. And yes, it was my birthday a few days ago. It was very nice, almost the way I thought was perfect. I'm now a year older, again, like every year. I feel the pain of old age... ;) my leg hurts, I wake up early, and sight gets bad... hehe ;) joking. just the leg is hurting, again. Probably from squash.

What I was going to say is that I was in Paris over the weekend and thus on my birthday. I really had a nice time and just enjoyed. I'm still smiling and very very happy. However I acknowledge that Paris might be one of the most romantic cities in the world. But, I think it's overrated because I think there are more and better place to feel romantic... And after all, isnt romanticism something you construct, and thus, can have everywhere? Do I really need Paris..? Can't it be Champ de Mars, Quebec; Granville Park, BC; Kühlungsborn; Wustrow... Je ne sais pas mais... While in Paris I listened to Jackson Browne. I went to his concert a few weeks ago and was amazed (apart from that, that my best mate invited me)... I hadnt heard much before from Browne but I fell instantaneously in love with the music when in concert. It's somewhere between Tom Petty, CSN (and Y), and Byrds. You have defo heard him before, remember Running on Empty in forrest gump? that's him. He also wrote the Pretender, sang "Stay (Just a little bit longer)", and some other well known songs (he wrote for the eagles, e.g.). So, I heard this one...



if you listen, the lyrics are quite good. He has very political lines and often quite subtle. What I like with this song is, that it is on one hand cheesy in its rhythm but going deep in its lyrics on the other hand... Do his eyes hurt because he has seen so much misery...? and never looked away? Wondering, can someone help him? Hm. I just liked it. I had other songs on my ear too. Gladys Knight. L'Art de Passage. Depeche Mode. To sum up, great birthday.

No comments: